Sunday, December 17, 2006

I have chosen to model a tree; I get my inspiration from star wars I wanted to make a tree that was similar to the tree found on the Wookiee home world of Kashyyk.

The problem-
When I created the particle system and applied the image it would create many leaves but it would create them all at the same angle as the original image plane. I found that when I created the leave at different angle I would erase from one of the pervious particle systems. So I have chosen to change the original idea and create a dead tree, with no leaves.
These are the rendered views of my tree with leaves as you can see the leaves are only visible from the top the side view the images are not visible. I wanted to have leaves and it was possible but in the time I had to do it I proved difficult.

The solution I have since learnt that you can do something called baking which keeps the particle system in the image at all times and it does not move.

To create the floor of my forest I used a simple plane and using the manipulator tool gave it some texture. Once I had the plane I then gave it a texture of an image from the internet I searched in google for forest floor and selected an appropriate image. I then made the plane a template for brushes so I could paint my grass on and using the paint effects I created my grass for the forest floor in my scene.
Once my scene was complete I then had to light it I used a spot light and gave it a blue colour so it looked cold and dark, because my tree could not have leaves I had to change my original idea of summer time trees I now had a old enchanted forest idea. Using the attributes editor I could change how the scene was light, for example the intensity and colour.

The final image I created and added the mushrooms after the tree was created, because of the lack of leaves.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home